If you have visible mold, we provide free estimates for mold removal in the greater Seattle area.
Did you know that almost every indoor environment has mold at low levels? It is true. But when there is visible mold in a home or the number of airborne mold spores is higher than normal, a mold problem exists and can affect the health of your family.
Sometimes mold problems are small and can be addressed by the homeowner. However, when the problem is beyond the capabilities of the homeowner, that’s when Mold Solutions is your best choice to perform professional mold removal.
Professional mold removal is a step-by-step process involving the use of specialized equipment and techniques. There are many details involved in doing this process correctly. But the overall process can be broken down into the following steps:
- Containment - (the most important step) Contain the work area to prevent cross-contamination of mold spores to non-affected areas of the home or building. The containment will be air tight. It will be placed under negative air pressure and vented to the outdoors.
- HEPA Air Scrubbing - Clean the air using commercial-grade and industrial-strength air scrubbing machines. These machines use HEPA filters designed to capture 99.97% of all airborne and microscopic dust and mold spores.
- Selective Demo - Carefully remove the mold contaminated materials and other impacted building materials. Focus is on controlled demo and removal in order to prevent the stirring up of additional mold spores.
- HEPA Vacuuming - Vacuum the contaminated area using a special vacuum equipped with HEPA filters designed to capture 99.97% of all airborne and microscopic mold spores which pass through the filters.
- Antimicrobial Cleaning - Clean the contaminated area with antimicrobial cleaning agents to kill any residual mold growth.
- Final HEPA Vacuuming & Clean-Up of Work Area - The final step involves HEPA vacuuming and performing an antimicrobial wipe-down on surfaces where mold spores may have settled within the work area.
- Containment Removal -When the project is complete, the containment is taken down and final repairs can be completed.